Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Plan To Purify The Palace - Part 3

3. A Pure Palace continues with the king's hatred. (3)

Psalm 101:3b
…I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

If King David ever hopes to keep his palace pure, he must not keep company with evil people or people that turn aside. In his plan for purity, David declares that people who hinder the work will be hated by him and he will not allow these types of people to be a part of his leadership and/or presence. In life there will always be people who try to “turn aside.” They want to discourage the work of God in whatever way possible. Perhaps it is because they love sin more than God, or maybe they want to discourage others from righteousness so that it is not a conviction to them personally. Whatever the logic, David sets an example of hating the work of people who pull others away from God instead of towards him. In order to keep the palace of our life pure we must hate the work of those that turn aside.

What about movie stars? I’m not suggesting that all movies are bad, but do movie stars help people live for God, or do they turn them away from godliness? What about your friends? Do they help you live for God, or do they turn you away? David had a clear desire to live in God’s presence and he wanted to help others to do the same. Therefore, anyone that would hinder this was hated and no catered to.

What do you do if someone is trying to “turn you away” from following God?

Proverbs 1:10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

Proverbs 1:14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse: 15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:
o Don’t consent
o Don’t follow
o Run the opposite direction
o Stay away from them

Sometimes we think that Christians are never to be angry or hate anything, but this isn’t Biblical.

Ps 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
Ps 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Ps 119:113 SAMECH. I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
Ps 119:163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love. Ps 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
Ps 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
Pr 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pr 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Ec 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Isa 61:8 For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
Jer 44:4 Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.
Am 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
Am 6:8 ¶ The Lord GOD hath sworn by himself, saith the LORD the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Jacob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.

I suppose, we get the point. God hates sin and so should we. Remember that our main job is not to go around clean other people’s palaces. If we truly have a godly hatred for sin we will be pretty busy just keeping up with all of our own “housework.” Make it a habit not to allow influences into your life that would turn you away from God. Whether they live with you, you work with them, or you simply hear them on the television, don’t let these people stop you from loving God.

The Galatian Christian’s were doing so well in their spiritual growth, but someone happened to them. No, it is not a typo. Someone happened to them.

Galatians 5:7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

They allow someone to influence them to the point where they stopped living by the Bible and followed after sinful idea. Don’t let anyone hinder you from Godliness. Keep the Palace pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment