Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Enjoying Jesus


Evangelist Will Galkin preached a messages entitled "Enjoying Jesus" last night from Philippians 4. He concentrated on 4 sins that will hinder our joy in Jesus.

1. Disruptive Relationships Phil. 4:5
2. Anxiety and Fear Phil. 4:6-7
3. Undisciplined Thinking Phil. 4:8
4. Materialism Phil. 4:10-12

These 4 sins might seem impossible to avoid, but God's word gives us a promise of possibility in Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

This was a great challenge as many times I allow these sins to rob my joy. Relationships if the are not taken care of can steal much joy. You end up spending much of your idle time having imaginary arguments in your mind with that person that has offended you. Forgive them and get your joy back. Anxiety and Fear steal my joy when I think I let my problems get to be bigger than my view of who my God is. Undisciplined thinking strips joy from my heart when I don't think on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, or virtuous. Finally, Materialism swipes joy from my life when I am not content with all the blessings that God has given my. When I focus on wanting more, I cannot be joyful.

I need this joy, because the joy of the Lord is my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment